February 19Celebrate Your Progress
Never end a period of examination without identifying some progress that you have made.
Examine and celebrate your progress today by using The Dynamic Catholic Prayer Process (see below).
If you’re reading Perfectly Yourself, read pages 21–25 (paperback version) or pages 23–27 (hardcover version).
The Prayer Process
- Gratitude: Begin by thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.
- Awareness: Revisit the times in the past 24 hours when you were and were not the-best-version-of-yourself. Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from them.
- Significant Moments: Identify something you experienced in the last 24 hours, and explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or person).
- Peace: Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or him) and to fill you with a deep and abiding peace.
- Freedom: Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the-best-version-of-yourself.
- Others: Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.
- Pray the Our Father.
It's not too late to sign up for BEST LENT EVER! Join the thousands of people who have already signed up, and experience Lent in a whole new way.
How do you celebrate progress?
Let us know in the comments!
In order to comment on the BEST LENT EVER reflections, you need to get a Disqus login. We encourage you to comment on this reflection, but keep in mind this is a public forum. All viewpoints are welcome, but we ask that you remain on topic and respect other members of the discussion. Please remember that we are trying to help each other become the-best-version-of-ourselves. We reserve the right to make editorial decisions regarding comments, including but not limited to removal of comments. Be Bold. Be Catholic.®