About the Pilgrimage
Experience the Mysteries of Medjugorje
Visit this beautiful town and historical village in Bosnia and Herzegovina where six young children (now adults) reported to
have witnessed visions of the Blessed Virgin Mary, beginning in 1981. The mystical town of Medjugorje has
just become an officially authorized pilgrimage by the Vatican in 2019!
Day 1June 7Depart United States
You Are Now a Pilgrim!
Your pilgrimage begins with an overnight flight to Medjugorje. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board
Day 2June 8Arrive in Medjugorje
Your First Mystery: Mass
You will be transported to your hotel to unpack and relax. Celebrate Mass, enjoy dinner and overnight.
Days 3-8June 9-14Experiencing Medjugorje
Let the Self-Transformation Begin!
The most beautiful features of Medjugorje are its simplicity and peace. A local guide will accompany your
group throughout your stay in the village. Some activities that you will enjoy on this pilgrimage are:
- Attending daily mass at St. James Church.
- Climbing Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. At
the base of this hill is a blue cross, where it is said that Our Lady appeared to the children while
they hid from the communist police in the early days of the reported apparitions.
- Climbing Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30' high cross atop a mountain to
commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. Your group will have the opportunity to climb this
mountain and venerate this very cross.
- Praying the Rosary: Each evening, your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje
in saying the rosary, as all anxiously await 6:40 PM, the reported arrival time of Our Lady to the
visionaries. Remain at St. James Church and attend the Croatian mass and Blessing of the Sick.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: You will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the
altar outside of St. James Church.
- Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the
visionaries at their homes.
- Visiting the Community of Cenacolo: You will have the opportunity to visit the community of Cenacolo,
founded by the Sisters of Charity, for young men and women who have taken a wrong path and are on the
road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational words about their journeys back to
- Praying at the Statue of the Risen Christ: The bronze statue of the Risen Christ is located on the
grounds of St. James Church. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful statue.
This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day out of Christ's right knee.
Day 9June 15Depart Medjugorje
Return Home, Renewed & Refreshed!
Say “zbogom” and revel in the memories as the bus transports you to the airport for your flight home.